Vehicle wraps are becoming really popular because they are not only for advertising purposes but can also be used when one is looking to get a fresh look for their without repainting it.
The vinyl covering will protect the original paintwork of the car and also give it a different aesthetic.
However, vehicle wraps still require proper maintenance to remain vibrant and durable.
In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide to walk you through the essential steps to manage your vehicle wrap, to ensure it last a long time.
Understanding the Importance of Vehicle Wrap Maintenance
Vehicle wraps are made from a combination of polyvinylchloride (PVC) polymer and different kinds of additives to increase flexibility and ensure UV resistance. The wraps are usually made to endure all kinds of challenges on the road and the elements. However, you should know that it is similar to the paint of your car, which means they are also exposed to all kinds of contaminants and pollutants that can gradually reduce their quality as time goes on.
So why is maintenance important?
It is important because apart from protecting the warp to ensure it still appeals to the audience, regular maintenance will prevent issues like peeling, fading, or premature damage.
When you follow proper care routines, you can significantly increase the lifespan of your vehicle wrap which will make it an investment that is worthwhile for both businesses and individual car owners.
How often should you clean your vehicle wrap?
This is a common question, and it revolves around the longevity of your vehicle wrap.
The fact is, the foundation for maintaining your vehicle lies in regular cleaning. The simple rule is, you should try to clean your wrap at least once a week. In a case where your vehicle always encounters dirt or pollutants, you should consider increasing the cleaning frequency. Contaminants like dirt, bird droppings, and others can stain or destroy your wrap if you leave it unaddressed.
The longer these substances remain on your wrap, the harder they are to remove, thereby causing permanent damage.
Hand Washing: The Safest Cleaning Method
The best method for cleaning your vehicle wrap is by using the hand washing method because it is the safest option. You should:
- Rinse Off: The first step here is to start by rinsing the vehicle with water to get rid of loose dirt, dust, and debris. Make sure you don’t scratch the wrap when washing.
- Use the Right Products: You should only use a mild detergent or a specialized car wrap cleaning solution because using abrasive detergents will only damage the wrap.
- Wash Gently: Use a soft cloth or sponge to wash the vehicle in sections. Make sure you cover all areas.
- Rinse and Dry: After washing, you should rinse off the detergent thoroughly and then dry the vehicle using a soft, lint-free cloth that will prevent water spots.
Tips to Avoid Damaging Your Wrap
- Avoid Automatic Car Washes: Even though car wraps are super convenient using automatic car washes especially those that come with brushes can be harsh on your wrap and damage it. There is a possibility that the bristles may cause the wrap to lift at the edges or even have scratches.
- Mind the Pressure: If you’re using a pressure washer, you have to make sure that the water temperature is not above 180° F (80° C). You should use a spray nozzle with a wide-angle spray pattern then keep it at least a foot away from the wrap.
- Stay Clear of Contaminants: Difficult contaminants like tree sap or bird droppings should be immediately cleaned off to prevent staining or damage.
Conclusion: A Worthwhile Investment Requires Care
Vehicle wraps are a great way to make a bold statement and buzz about your business. Using the right care and maintenance for your vehicle wrap will keep it clean for years to come. Every detail from the cleaning frequency to the washing method and product selection plays an important role. If you are a business owner aiming to leave a lasting impression or a car lover looking for a fresh look, being intentional about the care of your vehicle wrap is important.